Monday, December 22, 2008

Smashbox

New deal: expiring Dec. 29th.
  • FREE gift set & FREE 2 day shipping with any $75 purchase: code - NYE2DAY at checkout
    • Free gift set includes: Blush/Soft Lights Duo in Super/Model, Waterproof shadow liner in Fan Club, and (medium) Lip enhancing Gloss in Aura ($67 Value)
    • this offer is not valid with any other offer.
Product Review:

remember last time I gave you guys a code for Smashbox for a free gift? well I went ahead and bought a lipstick for myself and used the code, too! and.....it arrived!! I've been using it lately and here is my review:



so THIS (above) was the FREE GIFT:
a palette of 6 cream liners & 3 Brow colors (and a brow wax)!
It's quite small, actually, only about 2x3" or so? and the circles of goodies are occupying slightly smaller than 1/2 square inch each. BUT, it does exactly what it was supposed to do: let me SAMPLE all of these different colors!! Since I don't use these everyday, this 'tiny' palette will last me for at least few months, I'd think, which is good enough for me :)

Cream liners: it has good pigmentation, creamy but not TOO creamy (i.e. it doesn't smudge easily, and the color lasts whole day for me) - well the long-lasting affect may be due to the urban decay primer I use.

Brow colors & Wax: maybe I just don't know how to use wax properly, but anyway that doesn't seem to do much for me. and the brow colors are good, though I prefer Anastasia's Brow colors.

and then, the Actual product that I purchased to get the free gift:


Tinted treatment Lipstick with SPF 15 ($13.50)

I got it in "Beam" which is the color of the third lipstick in the picture that's down on the ground. it's just a natural nude color that's slightly darker color than my own lip color. this lipstick is SO silky smooth, and moisturizing! it has the usual lip balm smell, but it's not too bad. the color will come off whenever you touch a surface: whether it's a glass, plastic cup, your sweater (!), etc.
but overall, I would recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment